Saturday, September 19, 2009

Where did August go?

It has been a super busy month. I started back to school. Lily started back to school and time just seems to fly by. Lily loves school. She goes to Ms. Lacrecia's class, which is right across the hall from mine. I have completely resisted peeking in the window because I know she's in good hands, but I get to see them in the gym. Lily is doing really well. Ms. Lacrecia's because concern is that Lily doesn't really want to participate in many of the activities. She is choosing to sit down and just watch. My girl is not much of a dancer. I told her that really Lily doesn't like to do things until she knows how to do them. She'll watch for a long time and then do the task just about right the first time. I told her that Lily doesn't like to make mistakes. Ms. Lacrecia looks at me and says, "I wonder who she gets that from?" I admit I don't like to make mistakes either.

New Things:

Lily can put together puzzles and match objects. I worked on this with her for so long and now she completely understands the idea of "same." She knows how to work the leapfrog toy that I got her for her birthday. I really thought it would be too hard, but she knows which pieces go together.

We were reading Elmo's opposites in the bathtub the other day.
Elmo says stop. She signs stop.
Elmo says go. She signs go.
Elmo says day. She signs day. I almost fall down. I didn't know she knew that sign.
Elmo says night. She signs night. Same thing happens again.
Elmo says up. She jumps up.
Elmo says down. She squashes down. See above for my reaction.
Then I kid you not. She says, "EIEI" without the o. She wanted to sing Old MacDonald.
Wow!!!!

Lily started gymnastics on Monday. Oh my goodness! I have never seen such absolute cuteness. The teachers were so nice and patient. Class started out with one teacher and 2 students. In a few minutes after the teacher had tried to get Lily to sit down 4 times, another teacher comes in. In the end it was 2 teachers and 3 students. That's a great ratio for Lily. She jumped on the trampoline, pulled up on the parallel bars, rolled and did flips down the soft ramp and played duck, duck, goose at the end. She didn't follow directions or stay with the group very well, but I didn't think she did so bad for her first class. Class is held in a smaller room with a window so I could see in. I think she'll do better in this than ballet. I was afraid that might be too structured and not enough activity for her. She loves to climb and tumble. The teacher gave her a sticker at the end of class. Last year she used to eat them. This time she just kept looking at it and lightly touching. She kept it on until she went to bed. I think she was proud.

1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

Our baby girl is growing up so fast!! Next time post some pics of her in her gymnastics outfit! Miss you guys!