Saturday, July 18, 2009

McDonald's, Vacation Day, and Potty Training!

We went to McDonalds on Thursday and I let Lily play on the playground. EEEKS!!! Do you know how filthy that is? I realized I could wash her hands afterwards, but if she got sick, that was it. Never again. She was so excited. The one we went to has stairs, so she climbed all the way to the top and sat by the tunnel. She smiled as other children went by her. In a little while, she carefully worked her way back down. I left my camera at home or I would have taken pictures. She loved it! She screamed like a banshee when I made her leave.

On Friday we went to the beach. Lily loves the water so much. This year I put floaties on her. She can almost do it by herself. She is so big. Umm no pictures, I was too busy keeping her from drowning. She has no fear of water. She also loved walking down the beach. She would see someone, stop and wave, then walk on. My girl loves to make friends.

On Friday night we were all standing around in the kitchen. I hear J just laughing and giggling so I look up. Lily is standing in front of the water dispenser on the refrigerator. I hear J say, "Yiyi, Yiyi, do agan, do agan." Translation: "Lily, Lily, do again, do again." Then Lily would press the water dispenser squirting cold water down her arm onto the floor. Then J literally fell to the floor holding his stomach because he was laughing so hard. If Lily wouldn't push it fast enough he put her hand on the lever then stepped back and told her to do it again. Those two are serious trouble together.
The potty training is going so great. I'm so proud of her. Today she was dry all day. Yea!!!!

I went birthday shopping today. I wasn't going to buy her anything, because we went to Elmo Live in June, but really, what was I thinking. She has to have presents on her birthday. I think we're just going to have a little family party here or at a restaraunt. I can't decide but nothing big. Here's what I bought her:

She loves to stack, but we didn't really have any good stacking blocks. So I got her these. They were on clearance for $10.00.

Also from Target, I got her this Memorex digital picture keychain. It's not really for children, but she's pretty technology savvy. I think trying to push the buttons will be good for her fine motor skills. It has a hook, so hopefully I can keep it from getting thrown around. It's made to hook on backpacks and purses, so it should be pretty tough. It was on clearance for 10.00 too. Except I bought the pink one.




I got her this from Toys R Us. They had marked it down to 11.20, and they had sent me a coupon for 3.00 off so 9.20 was a good deal. She has such a hard time with puzzles. She finally understands where the circle goes, but that's about it. So instead of concentrating on shapes. I think we'll work on matching colors. I don't understand how a girl can know which direction the playground or music class is, can identify 4 different entrances to the mall, and can say eat when she sees McDonald's or Chick fil a can't put the horse in the matching horse spot. So anyway, another matching toy. I let her pick between farm animals or transportation. This is the one she chose.



That's it for now. I hope your enjoying your new car. It looks really nice.



















1 comment:

The Williamsons said...

Lily is going to love it when I'm home because we'll eat at Chick-fil-A everyday. . .Mmmmmmmm!!!