Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm going to go ahead and tell you about Sunday before anyone else has the chance to do it. On Sunday, we were bringing the food for Michelle's baby shower for Jemma. Before we go any further you should know I was really tired. Mom and I had stayed up late making mini cupcakes. The color of the icing didn't look good so we had to go to Walmart at 9:00 the night before to get more. And getting up and keeping Lily clean, dry, and completely dressed is somewhat of a challenge in itself. Just so you know. Anyway after all the hassle of the morning we were finally in the car on the way to Susan's house. We had decided to go by Susan's house and then take the food to Betty Sue's house, where the shower was being held. Lily was wearing underwear because she's been doing so, so great. She did have plastic pants on to protect the carseat. She doesn't usually pee a lot at one time. However this morning, she had drank a whole cup of chocolate milk. She's also been waking up dry in the morning. She had already peed once, but on Saturday night she drank a ton of pool water. I should have been more aware of this fact at the time. When we got to Susan's she wouldn't sit on the toilet and finally wet her pants a little. Why didn't I go ahead and put a diaper on her? I don't know. We got in the car and drove to Betty Sue's, dropped off the food and decided to go to McDonald's for lunch. Lily loves chicken nuggets. That McDonalds was packed. It's one of the few places to eat after church in Bonifay. People were everywhere. I order our food and Lily sits down in the highchair. Why didn't I take her to the bathroom? I don't know. Our number is called, I open her milk, start to count out her chicken nuggets, when suddenly there is clear liquid all over the floor. I'm looking around trying to figure out what she is spilling, when I finally figure it out. Yes, the pool water has reappeared, all over my feet and her clothes. Great! I pick her up, take her to the car and try to change her clothes. We have stuff everwhere. I pop the trunk and put her in there when I realize I left my purse with her diapers and extra underwear in McDonalds. I actually left her sitting in the trunk while I grabbed the baby's diaper from the back seat. I changed her pants and took her back into McDonald's I get into McDonald's sit down and sigh. At least her shirt is clean. I ask Lily if she wants some milk. I start to shake it and whoosh. You got it, I had left it open on the table with the lid sitting on it. Milk all over Lily's face and arms. I don't know who was more shocked me or Lily. But Mom was practically on the floor in hysterical laughter. For the rest of the day everytime she looked at me she laughed. Good Grief, I needed a nap. The shower was very nice. Jemma is adorable.

3 comments:

The Williamsons said...

Oh my goodness. . .that is so funny! Wish I could have been there for that! I can't believe you left her in the trunk! Hope your blog is private. . .someone will turn you in. :)

The Williamsons said...

Love this picture, by the way.

Heather said...

I could see her the whole time. I wasn't more than an arm's length away from her. There were a lot of people around though.